Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Nonstop Summer

This is literally the first time I've had to blog. I'll just start a quick list of my summer summary so far:

1. Road tripped from Logan, Utah --> St. Louis all with the company of my fabulous teammate and friend Jessie! Time flew by couldn't even tell ya what we did to pass 19 hours in the car but most of the time in that car was filled with laughter and healthy snacks courtesy of the best driving buddy ever!

2.Pulled up into my driveway blasting the song Home and Kaaren dear came running out. Loved it! One week home to unpack and repack for Tennessee chaos. I always come home in chaos and leave in chaos.

3. My pops purchased me my first GPS. At first I told him not to worry about it. But thank goodness I had that GPS this summer. Saved my life multiple times. Definitly a good decision in the long run.

4. Gatlinburg Tennessee. What to say about thee. Oh so much. Where to even begin?! Basically I'll explain why I'm in Gatlinburg. I'm working for Climb Works Canopy, a zipline company. Gosh... there's so much I want to say all at once. Okay I'll just say this: I don't think life couldn't get much sweeter than this. I'll reserve a whole different post for Tennessee. I wake up every morning there and can't believe it's my life, that's how much I love my life.

5. I got my first offical bike this summer while I was home for a week. Blue Bullet. It's a beautiful blue Scatante cyclocross bike. And that bike saved my life during the weeks I couldn't run.

6. I absolutlely hated leaving Tennessee. These were the only reasons I was able to get myself to leave:
1) someone was relying on my for a ride. 2) no one else was awake at 4:30 am 3) I was going to E.F.Y.
but the biggest reason was I knew I was coming back if I wasn't coming back I don't know if I could have gotten myself to leave.

7. The night before I left we stayed at work until midnight or so. Yes that's how much we love our jobs and our lives. We WANT to stay at work. We bonfired it up, my personal summer favorite. And then after all that I still had to go home and pack up my car for my 4:30 am departure. Ha yup I'm a smart one. But once again thank goodness for my fabulous E.F.Y. driving companion Sarah. I wouldn't have make it without her!

8. Holy moly I haven't even reached the EFY portion of my life. Okay now let me explain. E.F.Y.  Especially For Youth is a youth camp run by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And I was a counselor in charge of 10-12 girls each week. And man oh man. What an amazing 3 weeks. I can't even start going in to details, because there is just way too much.

9. Okay I've got to go make lunch for the little kiddos, yup I'm home in Naperville for the week hanging out with Cole & Addie, the kids I normally nanny in the summer. Hopefully I find another time to blog this week. But my BFF wif a star comes into town today so I'm guessing the chances of my getting on the computer again while I'm home even are pretty slim. So peace out for now girl scouts.

10. In case I haven't made it clear I love my life my friends my family my jobs my E.F.Y. youth, summer. I just love everything and feel so blessed, God is so good! And he truly watched over and directs our lives as we put our trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. brittany i love your life. how fun would that job be? i can't wait to hear all about it when you're back in utah! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karli i'm so excited to be back in Loggy town and see you I've truly missed you my friend and i promise when i get time I'll blog more pics and videos!

    ReplyDelete