Friday, February 24, 2012

A New Year & A New Theme

So in my last post I mentioned how with the new year around the corner I may get back on track with blogging...and then I didn't get on for another two months. Well that is because blogging was in no way apart of my new years goals. I'd type out my annual new years goal sheet for ya if ya'll haven't seen it...it's quite the sight. But anyways I'll fill ya'll in on my theme for the new year of 2012...drum roll please...

AUDACIOUS in 2012

Now how exactly did I come up with this theme you may ask. I'm not entirely sure. But after the process of elimination I decided on audacious after looking up the official word in the dictionary. I just fell in love with the word and theme after reading the definition
a : intrepidly daring : adventurous audacious mountain climber>
b : recklessly bold : rash audacious maneuver>
c  : marked by originality and verve <audacious experiments>

1. Fearlessly, often recklessly daring; bold. See Synonyms at adventurousbrave.
2. Unrestrained by convention or propriety; insolent.
3. Spirited and original 

Daring - Adventurous - Recklessly Bold - Unrestrained - Spirited - Originality I just love it all the list goes on and on why I chose that word for 2012. I want to forever be reckless but I know I need to be a little more grown up especially being 21 years OLD and all now, but I felt that this was the right kind of reckless. This year I have a lot of sub themes and sub goals. The main three sub goals being:       
                                                                                                                                                                                1. Simplicity- I've been living a non-stop life for just a  little under a year now. I spread myself just a little too thin and commit to way to many people and things. But that was a goal for 2011 "commit to someone  or something" so that's a good thing right? But anyways I'm really going to try to slow down this year. So far it hasn't really happened, but I'm working on it.                                                                                                                                           2. Deep Cleaning- This year I really want to deep clean my life both spiritually and physically. How am i doing this? Well I started off with the physical but cleaning out my closet at home so my sister could move into my room. Weird. I officially don't have "my room" back home. But it's fine. I really don't plan on living at home for any long period of time ever again. Which is weird for my to type that out and come to terms with that. But I'm ready for whatever adventures these next few months and years of life have in store for me. But anyways back to the deep cleaning. I also just want to become spiritually renewed. I've changed so much because of the experiences I've had these past four years. But I'm still not at complete ease with myself. So I'm getting rid of habits and qualities that aren't Christ-like and really trying to become the best disciple of Christ and example of the believers that I can be. I'm working on cutting out the excess in my life. And it's tough focusing on those things that truly matter most and prioritizing. And when it comes to the physical deep cleaning I also just want to be able to fit all my belongings in my car so if I ever decided to up and move I could fit everything I need and own in one car and just drive.  But anyways enough with that.
3. Developing Relationships- This year more than ever before I want to work on developing relationships and working on those 4 key relationships with my God, my Family, my Fellowman, and  my-Self. Thats a whole blog post in itself.



Well to be honest this whole blog post was for an assignment for one of my online classes, which have been killing me this semester (all five of them), but I'm actually pretty glad I've had a few minutes this morning in our hotel room to just blog and recap how my goals are going right now.      

                                                                                                                                                                      It's also lent right now but once again that's a whole different post. Maybe I'll actually blog again soon, as in within the week.Who knows?! But it's indoor track conference weekend and we're in Boise so we'll just have to see. And I may not feel as positive of excited after I run 25 laps on an indoor track trying to hit 43 sec. 200 splits. AYE. We shall see. Catch up with ya laters skaters!                                                                                                                                                           


















No comments:

Post a Comment